Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's a Keeper



 At my last post I told you that I was waiting for the arrival of my new "moonsaddle". It is a new type of saddle without a nose and is supposed to be less stressful on the nerves in the groin area to prevent numbness and long term damage. Now I've been able to put over 125 miles on it, including a 45 mile ride. It's official; I like it and am going to keep the saddle.

It took me almost two weeks to decide to keep it because it does take a while to get used to. Because the saddle doesn't have a nose it destabilizes the bike a bit. I didn't realize how much I depended upon the traditional saddle nose to help keep the bike stable.  It requires some minor adjustments to find other ways to stabilize the bike and when you do the saddle works just fine. As promised, the saddle is much easier on the groin area. No more numbness and soreness. Without the nose on the saddle my legs are more free to move and power the bike. If you're interested, go to moonsaddle.com and check it out. It's a little bit different sensation for a saddle but it's worth the adjustment.

I also snapped a couple pics of the aerobars I put on the bike in preparation for the Ride Across Indiana in July. So far they offer a nice alternative position on the bike during a long ride. I just signed up for the Fat and Skinny Tire Festival in Winona Lake over the weekend of May 19. I'm going to see if I can get a century in.

I'm closing in on 1100 miles for the year and am feeling strong for this time of the year. Nan continues to ride with me about twice a week (I ride her pace) and she is definitely getting stronger. I'll continue to keep you in touch as the riding season progresses.

I ran across my little buddy on another website. Couldn't resist to include a picture of him. What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment