Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blueberry Bicycle Cruise

Nan and I rode in the Blueberry Bicycle Cruise today. I rode 66 miles in the morning and then at 11:00 am Nan came down with the tandem and we rode the 41 mile route. We were done in plenty of time to get home and cleaned up to watch the ND game - they are in big trouble! The total elapsed time for the 107 miles was 7 1/2 hours and the actual riding time was just under 6 hours and 30 minutes. Even  though the heat came out in the late morning we were able to avoid the nasty weather that is occurring as I write this. My goal of getting 6000 miles in for the year is still alive - I passed the 5360 mile mark with today's ride with almost 4 months left. I bought a new trainer a couple weeks ago to be able to keep riding once winter comes. I'm hoping the next ride will be from Rochester to Peru on the Nickel Plate bike path. That's a 20 mile one way ride on the old railroad bed between Rochester and Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment