Saturday, February 26, 2011

Training

It looks like I will end the month of February with about 257 miles for a total of 525 miles since January 1st. My goal is to have between 700-750 miles ridden by the trip. One thing I have noticed is how one-dimensional my training is - it's all been mostly riding. I bought a book about a month back that is beginning to change my training strategy. It's written by Mark Lauren and called "You Are Your Own Gym". It is predicated upon the conviction that your body is all you need to get all the physical conditioning you need - no gyms, weights, exercise machines, etc. There are over 125 exercises you can do on your own that exercises every muscle in the body. I am very gently getting started with this, being careful not to overdo it and risk starting the trip with unwanted strains, pulls or even something more serious. What little I have done so far has been very noticeable and I can see this having great benefit in the short and long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment