Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wow, was that a close shave!

Well, the adventure officially began at 3:00pm this afternoon. My good and gracious friend, Jack G., drove me to Carmel where I will stay with my daughter Beth Ann overnight. I was very pleased that my other two daughters came and joined me for dinner as well. Early tomorrow I will fly out of Indy and arrive in San Diego between 10:30 and 11:00 am. From there I will be driven to Carlsbad where we will start the ride on Saturday.
 I decided to go very low maintenance for the trip so I said goodbye to the beard and and hair on my head (what was left). I really like the look although it is a little breezy. I can't tell whether I look like Yul Brenner, Telly Savalas or one of those teletubbies. My wife says it reminds her of the old Woolly Willy toy where you take a magnetic wand and move metal shavings to create hair on Willy's bald pate. What do you think?
The new Jim Fair look

Me with my beautiful daughters, Beth Ann, Becca and Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Kinda reminds me of my pool playing days. :) Love you, Pastor. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete